Thursday, March 10, 2011

Notes:

To reduce weight I no longer carry a small shovel for digging poop holes. I also dropped an extra bowl and spoon, extra pencils, the carrying bag for my kitchen set, extra flashlight batteries, polarized sunglasses, wicking glove inserts, extra paper, an extra lighter, electrical tape, my second set of wicking long underwear, and my glasses hard case. Although I have a bladder and bottle that holds a total of 3 liters of water, when hiking only the one liter bottle is filled.

With a full load of food my pack weighs about 40 lbs. To drop more weight I can switch my polyester fleece for a down fleece. I can also switch my sandals for a pair of crocs (or something similar).

I also got to try using dental floss for sewing - I sewed my ripped waterproof pants!

I'm considering buying some gators. I'm curious to see how they hold up in all the snow and rain we seem to be running into as of late. 

No comments:

Post a Comment