Friday, June 24, 2011

Epilogue

It seems like a dream. But I really did hike 2,180 miles. I never imagined that I would be able to hike 25 miles a day over mountains with ease. Being back in society feels weird. I basically lived in the woods for 4.5 months. I already miss the guys I've been hiking with. I hate to say it but I think I miss the trail. Perhaps one day I'll hike the Pacific Crest Trail or the Continental Divide. One day. All in all, I'm happy to be done. It's time to move onto other things. Like college. And saving the world. Peace

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I've been daydreaming about the AT for a couple years now. Just waiting for life to present me with 6 months with no responsibilities. In the meantime it was great to see the trail through your eyes.

    Good luck saving the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ryan,
    Big ups on your thru hike. I'm planning on leaving on my own in Feb or March. If you get a chance could you drop me a line and let me know what kind of camera you used and how you kept it powered. Your gear list was super helpful. Taking some good snapshots is really important for me and I'm looking for some pointers.
    Thanks,
    Craig

    ReplyDelete